Is self-drive for you?
It is important be sure a self-drive safari is appropriate for you – some people prefer to be guided on a trip to Africa, others may not enjoy driving. We can arrange alternatives to self-driving – from tented mobile safari itineraries to fly-in trips.
If you can answer ‘yes’ to the questions below, you would likely enjoy the self-drive safari experience. Remember, self-drive is not just about camping and ‘roughing it’. The vehicles are fully equipped with all you need to be comfortable in the bush – although the cooking is down to you! If camping is not your idea of fun, but you like the appeal of self-drive, we arrange lodge-based itineraries.Our extensive list of frequently asked questions answers many of the queries you may have. If you want to find out more, or have a question we haven’t answered, please feel free to drop us a quick email. Do you:
- have a sense of adventure?
- enjoy being outdoors?
- have an interest in wildlife?
- enjoy driving or travelling fairly long distances?
- like being alone and independent on holiday?
- like the idea of discovering places for yourself?
- enjoy a range of experiences, and off-the-beaten track places, rather than the usual ‘tourist traps’?